Representative, People Operations
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class People, Inclusion and Culture team, which is currently seeking a People Operations Representative. The People Operations team is a fast-paced, technology and process-improvement driven team that executes a high volume of work with incredible accuracy, while still maintaining flexibility in a dynamic environment. This is a great opportunity to play a central role in our employees' experience in all the work that People Operations performs, whether a big project or day-to-day transactional tasks. You will be responsible for data and records management and will work closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders (People Business Partners, Payroll, People Systems, IT, Facilities, etc.).
How you'll CREATE:
• People Operations Representative operate as partners to People Business Partners at every phase of the employee life cycle.
• People Operations Representative provides support services to a variety of People teams by carrying out various operational related activities.
• Support all People Operations needs including entering Workday transactions and completing accompanying tasks through Hire to Retire.
• You will make an impact by providing a positive onboarding and overall employee experience.
• Process new employees, terminations, and employee life-cycle changes in Workday such as promotions, transfers, contract increases, etc.
• Create and route job requisitions, working closely with Talent Acquisition as needed.
• Responsible for inputting employment contract details into related system.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of I-9 verifications.
• Support unemployment claims processing.
• Guide employees with tier-one People answers with a focus on customer service.
• Support other specialized People Operations processes, projects, system testing and document procedures.
• Provide functional support with an understanding of downstream system impacts.
• Run and manipulate reports as requested.
• Assist with People team compliance standards and practices, provide evidence and understand the various ways to research for information.
• Maintain electronic file storage.
Bring your VIBE:
• 2-4 years of HR related experience preferred (with an interest in expanding overall knowledge base in People Operations).
• Strong problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills - able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and, occasionally, ambiguous environment.
• Previous Workday experience or other HRIS systems a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, in particular Excel skills including a variety of functions or formulas.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Experience ServiceNow or other similar case management systems.
• Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive information.
• Willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed across the team.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Proactive, bright and innovative individual who is business savvy and demonstrates good judgment.
• Must have excellent follow-through skills and the ability anticipate and address business needs proactively.
• Ability and desire to work in a Hybrid environment: UMG's Future of Work is in-office & remote, 2-3 days/week. Must be open to working in our offices 2-3 days/week.
• English/Spanish speaking is nice to have.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.