Regional Head - Sea, Spinnup
Universal Music GroupSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Regional Head to set up and grow Spinnup in the SEA region. The candidate will help develop the Spinnup brand in all the local markets and establish a local presence in the independent artist and music industry communities. You will build close relationships with Universal Music op-cos and their A&R teams. You will establish partnerships with like-minded brands to develop strategic marketing campaigns, and engage with media to amplify any PR activities.
We are looking for someone who is highly organised, personable, a creative thinker, an excellent communicator and able to work independently as part of a team spread over the globe.
• Project Management
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of Spinnup throughout the region, working with the regional project owner and central Spinnup team.
• Local Marketing & PR
• Planning and implementing local Spinnup marketing campaigns with local op-cos including:
• Digital advertising - paid media, optimising SEO, SEM and affiliate marketing
• PR activity - sending press materials and securing media coverage
• Marketing & Brand Partnerships
• Work with regional brands teams to establish partnership opportunities and manage brand partnerships secured for Spinnup
• Site editor for the local/regional Spinnup site including blog, updating it with frequent, engaging content
• Working with central team to localise global content or create local content specific for the region
• Social Media
• Responsible for all regional local social media channels
• Create weekly posting schedules and update feed with local updates
• Community management
• Creating local newsletters through our CRM system
• Budget responsibility
• Planning and managing campaign budgets
• Planning and managing ad placement and spend
• Data Analysis
• Working with central and local teams to monitor and track artists with signing potential via discovery tool
• Reviewing customer behaviour on the site specific to the region
• Label/Op-co Relations
• Establish relationships with local op-co’s, labels and A&R teams
• Train A&R’s to use the discovery tool
• Create internal PR messaging to amplify Spinnup within Universal SEA region
• Act as the link between local op-co’s and independent artist community
• Artist Relations
• Developing the Spinnup brand within independent artist community
• Establish relationships with ambitious artists to bring them onto the platform
• Showcase and present artists for local signing with op-co’s, labels and A&R’s
• Project Management experience
• Music industry, or record label experience
• Experience creating and managing budgets
• Excellent organisational skills
• Experience in conceptualising and executing marketing campaigns
• Strong communication and copywriting skill
• Ability to learn new digital systems
• Experience using CRM and CMS systems
• Proficiency in Wordpress
• A passion for music
• A&R Experience
• Experience managing a small team
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.