Universal Music GroupKings Cross, EN
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2019 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for QA Lead jobs in Kings Cross-EN
Search all QA Lead postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a QA Lead? Description
Job title: QA Lead
Responsible to: Director, Project Delivery
Location of work: King's Cross, London
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Spinnup is a forward-looking, global digital music distribution service dedicated to independent artists an inventive business within the Universal Music, the world’s leading music-based entertainment company. Spinnup provides unsigned artists a platform to release their tracks on the world’s leading music platforms. A&Rs at UMG’s iconic labels actively discover and sign artists via the platform, over 60 artists have been signed to date, with several having reached multi-platinum status.
We have a rare opportunity for a QA Lead to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding new musicians. Your contributions will help talented new musicians make their music, upload it, monitor their streaming, sales and social media performance, promote themselves online and manage their catalogue.
Spinnup is growing and our products are rapidly becoming richer in features and greater in complexity. Your role will be to define and implement a testing strategy that sees us through this growth. It will take us from manual testing to processes for execution that rely on a mixture of current techniques and tools. You will bring with you, knowledge and experience that will augment our team understanding and expertise while introducing additional best-practice to our QA processes.
You will be responsible for the overall quality of Spinnup products. Your rigour will ensure that outputs from our in-house and outsourced development teams meets requirements and quality standards to the level that you define as appropriate and cost-effective. You will be given a direct report to assist you with executing tests.
As part of a small and dynamic team, you will need to interface with the business at various levels, across product, engineering and management. Whilst you are flexible to the ever-changing needs of the business, your clout allows you to challenge others in order to protect the quality of our products.
The B Side: Skills & Experience Be analytical
• Reporting and documentation of defects.
• Progress reporting.
• Arranging and overseeing UAT where appropriate.
• Definition and implementation of a new testing strategy, including a mixture of approaches, criteria, tools, prioritisation framework, test data management and environments.
• Definition and management of test scripts.
• Execution of functional and non-functional tests.
• Implementation and maintenance of automation tests.
• Providing acceptance for all changes to products.
• Prioritisation of test execution and implementation.
• Working with the product team to understand desired functionality, acceptance criteria, complexities and risks.
• Understanding of variety of testing techniques and ability to identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use.
• Extensive experience writing and executing manual and automated tests on web-based platforms.
• Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail.
• Thorough understanding of web technology and fundamental architectural concepts.
• Able to communicate defects or trends clearly to the development team, outlining how defects are identified, their possible causes and help prioritise them based on defect severity.
• Aware of modern non-functional testing techniques and able to execute them.
• Able to research, plan and train others within the team.
• Proactive with the ability to occasionally work within short timeframes under pressure.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt.
• Experience working within an AGILE environment.
• Experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence.
• Experience working with tech products in the music industry.
• Understanding of user-centred design concepts.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.