Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Product Owner
Responsible to: Head of Technology
Location of work: Kings Cross
Spinnup is Universal Music’s digital distribution and artist discovery platform. Artists use our platform to distribute their music to global services like Spotify and Apple Music. This gives us access to data that helps us predict which artists have the most potential, so we can introduce them to Universal’s industry-leading record labels. We are pioneers of data-driven talent discovery and our core values are around helping artists develop and giving them a path into the industry.
We have a rare opportunity for a new product owner to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding and signing new musicians. Your contributions will help talented new musicians upload their music, monitor their streaming, sales and social media performance, promote themselves online and manage their catalogue. You are able to interface with the business and conduct research to create detailed visions of new parts of our product that will deliver value for our artists and outcompete the market. You can closely manage the end-to-process of your visions becoming reality, from defining requirements, working with designers, managing development sprints and acceptance. You are bold in communicating your design decisions and help stakeholders understand compromises made across opinions. You are a creative thinker, a faultless communicator, quick learner and a team player. Above all, you are committed and passionate about providing top-class products for our users.
• Work closely with product management to create and maintain a prioritised product backlog
• Work with business stakeholders to define new product requirements, balancing business goals and user needs
• Manage the end to end delivery of new products, features and ongoing platform improvements
• Conduct initial product requirements gathering
• Co-ordinate customer research to gather insights on user needs and validate new ideas
• Work alongside UX /UI designers to bring ideas to life
• Write user stories, detailed requirements & acceptance criteria that can be clearly understood by the technical team
• Day-to-day direction for the delivery team to achieve sprint goals and deliver large scale projects on time
• Communicate progress to the management team, highlighting any risk or issues
• Co-ordinate with copywriting, marketing & customer support teams to ensure delivery of new products and features run smoothly
• Measure the success of new products and features once they have been delivered
• Constantly deliver measurable value to the business
• Utilise data driven insights and customer research to inform future product decisions
• Keep up to date with what our competitors are doing
• Experience working closely with agile delivery teams, UX / UI designers, customer insights and support teams
• Experience working with outsource teams on multiple agile projects simultaneously
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation
• Experience using tools such as Jira and Confluence
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.