Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength.
How we LEAD:
The Production Planner position is responsible for forecasting activities associated with all channels of distribution: retail, tour and web. The Planner creates and maintains forecast models for these departments by incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from each department. Forecast modeling is the key responsibility of this position. This position supports the strategic supply chain activity throughout each month with the key cross functional counterparts in Retail, Consumer Engagement teams and Finance.
How you'll CREATE:
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Evolving the data planning model program to capture demand needs of each channel in order to assist forecasting needs
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
• Implementing statistical model of risk, error and growth to forecasting
• Recommend adjustments and achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, tour, web and finance personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
• Provide input to volume planning ( latest estimates / annual process)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
• Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
• A consumer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that demand.
• Establishing and collaborating among cross functional partners, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
• Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
• Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group by providing the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
Bring your VIBE:
• Two to Three years of experience in demand planning
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
• Knowledge of SAP/APO, other software related to demand planning is preferred.
• Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
• This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
• Good facilitation skills are required.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.