Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Paralegal/Administrative Assistant in our Santa Monica office. The person in this position will provide paralegal support to the Senior Vice President and Head of Litigation in the Business and Legal Affairs Department.
• Perform executive assistant duties including booking travel, expense reports, answering telephones, preparing and sending correspondence, processing bills.
• Assist with a comprehensive quarterly report of all legal matters affecting the company, including calculating legal fees and liaising with other attorneys and departments for update
• Support the policing of piracy and infringement by monitoring the Internet for unauthorized exploitation, drafting Cease and Desist letters, and providing evidence of copyright ownership, including collecting chain of title documentation
• Assist in responding to discovery requests/subpoenas, liens, levies, and garnishment orders
• Research claims asserted against company
• Draft standard form agreements and other legal documents
• Review and summarize contracts
• Collect and analyze information
• Type and revise agreements, charts, memoranda, correspondence and other documents
• Liaise with IT, office services and other internal personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and handle administrative matters
• Maintain an organized and up-to-date filing system for litigations and corporate matters
• Create physical and electronic files; search and retrieve files on an ongoing basis
• Draft and send letters and other routine correspondence
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented
• Exhibits professional demeanor and sound judgment
• Follows up on delegated assignments through completion
• Self-starter, who takes initiative and is resourceful; takes ownership of tasks and projects
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; works well under pressure
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
• Excellent typing and computer skills, including in Word, Excel, Outlook
• Advanced computer experience: Microsoft Word (including tables and redlining), Excel, Internet
• Prior paralegal or contract analysis experience is a plus
• BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.