Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints including Verve Records, Verve Forecast, Impulse!, Decca Records US, Decca Classics, and Deutsche Grammophon among others. VLG's current roster includes Samara Joy, Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ludovico Einaudi, Tank and the Bangas, Kurt Vile, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham and many more.
How we LEAD:
Verve Label Group is seeking a Media Planner to support the label's frontline and catalog repertoire on a global scale. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, social (Meta, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), programmatic, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. The ideal candidate can work as a team, be creative, manage budgets, deliver calculated results and measured success, and be able to think on their feet & manage a heavy workload.
How you'll CREATE:
• Setup and customize full-scale paid media campaigns across social, ecommerce, video and programmatic platforms
• Collaborate with UMG Central Media Buying team to deliver best-in-class advertising results across VLG's roster
• Lead on-going paid media efforts - including media planning, reporting and analysis, best practices, and ensuring we are hitting KPIs
• Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits
• Build custom audiences and data sets for every artist campaign, targeting DSPs, audience growth KPIs, etc.
• Manage and track approved media budgets for a multitude of campaigns every quarter.
• Research trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying, while always staying in ''beta mode'' to constantly evolve and test new tactics (aka ''R&D'')
• Implement test initiatives such as landing page click-throughs, lead-gen, D2C conversions, Linkfire optimizations, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, etc.
• Understand pixel implementation on websites for data collection and conversion tracking and help build new infrastructure that ties into audience measurement.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
• 3+ years media-related/agency experience and media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry experience a big plus.
• Confidence in written and verbal communication skills in client-facing environment
• Experience buying through Facebook, Google AdWords, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat and other DSPs
• Understanding of Google Shopping Campaigns, Facebook Catalog Manager, and Shopify
• Proficiency in Keynote, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with ability to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, CrowdTangle, Meltwater, Chart Metric, etc.
• Experience driving eCommerce revenue growth and online lead generation with paid media
• Passionate music fan
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.