Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Media Buyer jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Media Buyer postings
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Marketing Innovation Team at Universal Music Group is seeking an experienced media buyer for our small but rapidly growing in-house media team. This is a permanent, full-time position. Artist success is our ultimate metric, and what drives our mindset, skillset, and company culture. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about the ever-changing media landscape and about MUSIC! We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, social, programmatic, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all media for all of UMG's US labels.
How you'll CREATE:
• Act as the primary digital media expert for US labels, buying, optimization, reporting and eCommerce strategy.
• Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
• Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns to maximize conversion value
• Develop and manage paid eCommerce campaigns across social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
• Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Ad-words, and other DSPs
• Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
• Understand pixel implementation on websites for data collection and conversion tracking
• Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
• Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
• Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
• Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
• Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
• Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
• Implement test initiatives such as landing page, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, as needed
• Provide recommendations on landing pages, websites and overall user experience to optimize paid conversions
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications preferred
• Proven experience driving eCommerce revenue growth and online lead generation with paid media
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 2+ years' media-related/agency experience, plus at least 2 years of online media planning/buying; traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry experience a big plus.
• Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
• Google Certification required; IAB Certification a big plus
• Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
• Experience buying through SEM bid management platforms, Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat and DSPs
• Knowledge and understanding of Google Shopping Campaigns, Facebook Catalog Manager, and Shopify
• You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
• Familiarity/experience with DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Datorama, Linkfire, Shareablee
• Passionate music fan
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
$64,480.00 - $121,440.00
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.