Manager, Urban Marketing
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2021 9:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Urban Marketing jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Manager, Urban Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Urban Marketing? Description
JOB OPPORTUNITY – MANAGER , URBAN MARKETING
Closing Date: Dec ember 11 , 20 20
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love m usic and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
As the Manager, Urban Marketing , you will oversee and direct all aspects of marketing and will partner with our labels, managers and artists to develop marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases.
• Oversee all aspects of marketing, project and product management for a roster of domestic artists
• Create, communicate and execute comprehensive marketing campaigns that engage fans, raise visibility and drive commercial results
• Create smart marketing budgets that help deliver maximum visibility while also focusing on the highest return o f investment
• Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build and support artists ' brand s
• Oversee the execution of artist assets (photos and videos, content for social platforms, advertising assets, logos, website, street marketing tools)
• Consult with A&R, Promotion, Creative, Digital Strategy, E-Commerce, and Publicity teams on rollout plans to maximize opportunities and exposure for each artist project
• Continually evaluate consumer response data including consumption, radio, Shazam and artist socials in order to make informed marketing decisions and be proactive with appropriately designed campaigns
• Be immersed and have thorough knowledge of Urban music sector and culture with experience of promoter circuit, club DJs, charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing
• Know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations
• Work cross-functionally across all departments and with artist management
• Self-starter driven to create and maintain relationships
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education preferred
• Experience creating and leading marketing campaigns and strategies for music launches and artist development
• General knowledge of all departments within a label including digital, publicity, A&R, creative and radio promotion
• Organize, prioritize and execute a wide range of tasks under tight deadlines
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current and forthcoming technologies and general market trends
• Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities
• Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo, Creative and Digital Marketing teams
• 5 years' experience in music industry marketing
• Label experience preferred including strong knowledge around urban genre
Please apply before Dec ember 11 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S , and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.