Manager, Transportation Management
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How you’ll LEAD:
Universal Music Manufacturing & Logistics is seeking an experienced transportation manager to support the US physical supply chain with inbound and outbound transportation.
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day logistics operations with the timely scheduling and coordinating of freight in accordance with product completion dates and customer delivery demands. In addition, the role will help to identify trends and problems, performing root cause analysis, and presenting recommendations to transportation leadership to support key initiatives and drive out cost in our daily operation.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Responsible for submitting bid requests, carrier selection, scheduling, and tracking outbound/inbound loads to ensure on-time delivery
• Support Transportation Team with shipment exception management
• Create shipment paperwork, customs documents, and schedule appointments
• Oversee import/export process, including accuracy of customs paperwork
• Maintain open communication with UMG Supply Chain Team, carriers, distribution providers, manufacturers, and suppliers
• Coordinate with Shipping Teams to execute load plan strategies for high-profile releases
• Provide proactive shipment status updates to UMG Supply Chain Team and consignee
• Ensure accurate manual entry and record updates to the Transportation Order Management System and SAP
• Conduct periodic third-party/carrier freight bill audits and report variances in collaboration with Finance and Accounting
• Collect and analyze transportation data and report performance and cost
• Monitor, evaluate, and modify transportation strategies to improve delivery performance and reduce total delivered cost across all modes of transportation, including SPS, LTL, TL, Export/Import, and Heavy Air
• Communicates and coordinates with carriers to obtain quotes and drive consolidation, when necessary
Bring your VIBE:
• Solid knowledge of transportation modes, cost, and geography
• Proficient in transportation management systems (TMS) or an order management system
• Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs
• Understanding of supply chain concepts
• Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and customers
• High Level of attention to detail
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data
• Encourages teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve team performance
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
• Experience in consumer products, retail operations, or e-commerce is preferred
• 5 years’ experience and proven, positive track record as a Transportation Manager or in a comparable role
• A minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation. Related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law”
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.