Manager, Site & Merchandising Experience
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising to help oversee frontend customer experience & optimization efforts for UMe's owned & operated eCommerce stores as part of a cross-functional team. This person will play a key role in developing & implementing always-on strategies to improve customer conversion, acquisition & retention rates for our stores, working in close alignment & collaboration with our partners across UMG (Audience, Paid Media, Consumer Marketing, Data & Analytics, Global Insights, IT, etc.) to elevate the eCommerce experiences for our labels & rights owners (ROs), artists, and-most importantly-their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
Manage eCommerce experience & site merchandising efforts for UMe's D2C stores, including:
• Campaign & Promotion Strategy:
• Develop promotional strategies around new music and merch releases
• Create content calendars and plan evergreen store campaigns around key moments (e.g., holidays, events, anniversaries) in partnership with creative planning
• Employ tried and tested eCommerce drivers (e.g., discounts, gift with purchase programs, free shipping) to incentivize purchases
• Utilize bespoke content to artist or brand (e.g., blog posts, videos) to increase traffic and engagement to our eCommerce stores, working in partnership with creative teams
• Leverage social commerce and 3rd party sales channels (e.g., Instagram Shopping, YouTube Merch Shelf, etc.) to meet customers where they are
• Customer Acquisition & Retention:
• Drive lead generation & customer acquisition programs (e.g., early access, sweepstakes)
• Inform segmentation & targeting (e.g., triggered email flows, retargeting) to build customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection
• Develop and execute retention and loyalty tactics (e.g., personalized product recommendations, rewards programs) to increase CLV
• Implement SEO best practices to increase organic traffic and ensure store discoverability
• Front End Experience & Site Merchandising:
• Utilize sales data & customer insights to inform store merchandising (e.g., product placement, categorization)
• Enable product discovery by leveraging evergreen categories (e.g., best sellers, new arrivals) and curated experiences (e.g., thematic collections, shopping guides)
• Deploy upsell & cross-sell tactics to increase AOV
• Ensure that UX/UI best practices (e.g., usability, accessibility, discoverability) are in place
• Performance Analysis & Optimization:
• Track, analyze & report performance to drive optimizations and inform planning & strategy
• Gather customer feedback through surveys & social listening
• Use heat mapping & data analytics to understand & tailor user journeys
• Iterate and A/B test to optimize frontend eComm experiences in partnership with creative planning.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years working in eCommerce marketing or related fields.
• Experience creating content calendars and planning marketing campaigns, including lead generation, awareness & conversion campaigns
• Experience creating eCommerce promotions like Discounts, Free Shipping, Gift With Purchase, etc.
• Passionate about music and solid understanding of fandom
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data
• Exceptional communication skills. Must be extremely effective at clearly communicating concepts & ideas to diverse audiences ranging from IT to label executives
• Natural collaborator - must be willing to set ego aside to reach team goals
• Ability to stay flexible, calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable to stakeholders across the organization
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail
• CRM/Email marketing, Shopify and project management experience is a plus
• Understanding of UX principles and consumer behavior is a plus
• Frequent online shopping is a plus
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
$64,480.00 - $114,271.67
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.