Manager, Royalty Audit
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of a Royalty Audits Manager in our Audit group. In this role, you will be working with our royalty audit team researching, responding and settling audit claims.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of music audits and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
• Oversee the audit process for incoming artist and copyright audit claims for selected UMG labels
• Analyse audit reports and confirm auditor’s calculations
• Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
• Draft written responses to audit claims
• Assist in audit settlement negotiations
• Liaison with Business Affairs, Litigation and Finance departments
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Self-motivated and able to multi-task
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Access a plus
• 5 years of royalty or accounting experience in the music or entertainment industry
• Four year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Legal background a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.