Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VLG is seeking a Publicity Manager with ideally 3-5 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry. This individual should also ideally have broad musical interest across genres, preferably classical and jazz. The position requires a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment. Ability to independently problem-solve and organizational skills are a must. Working under the department head of publicity, the candidate will be involved in aspects of PR campaigns for releases on the Verve Records, Verve Forecast, Impulse!, Decca Gold, Deutsche Grammophon, Decca and Mercury KX imprints.
• Spearheading PR campaigns for select releases from inception through release date and beyond, including formulating PR plans, outreach/pitch to national and regional media outlets, with an emphasis on tour press
• Write press releases/monthly round-up of classical and catalogue releases
• Gathering press materials from international rep centers and organizing for U.S. office including photos, bios, tour dates and more
• Uploading materials including bios, press releases and photos to internal organization sites
• Manage monthly mailings of product to classical priority list
• Maintaining up-to-date clip files/links electronically
• Maintaining press database - updating contact information and mailing lists for various genres
• Preparing/providing detailed press reports to other managers, artists and colleagues in the U.S. And Europe – interact with international colleagues
• Partnering with department head on additional publicity campaigns - compiling press kit materials, leading press mailings, overseeing distribution of monthly releases to press, creating promo schedules and escorting artists to press appearances
• Managing tools, mailings, etc for outside PR representatives who we engage to work campaigns on our behalf,
• work with outside PR reps to inform them and keep them abreast of changing timelines, additional tools, etc.
• Additional PR department duties including invoice processing and booking artist travel
• Computer savvy, Writing, Social Media
• Entertainment Experience
• Public Relations Experience
• Organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to attend concerts on weekday evenings after work and occasionally on weekends when needed
• 3-5 years of experience in the entertainment/music industry (Classical Music insight is a plus)
• At least 1-2 years prior management experience
• College Graduate Preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.