Manager Of Catalog Marketing
Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2020 1:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager Of Catalog Marketing jobs in Brentwood-TN
Search all Manager Of Catalog Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager Of Catalog Marketing? Description
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
Capitol CMG is currently seeking a hardworking and dedicated Manager of Catalog Marketing to support the Commercial Partnerships team. This position will serve as the central hub for the Capitol CMG artist roster - both present and past - to execute catalog marketing campaigns that maximize all potential revenue streams and market share for assigned artist catalog. This role will work in tandem with our artist teams, various departments at Capitol CMG, and counterparts at our parent company, Universal Music Group, under the direction of the VP of Marketing & Commercial Partnerships.
This job requires comprehensive communication and organization internally and externally to keep projects moving forward while maintaining the overall artist message and brand. The role will help grow music consumption and increase artist revenue through innovative streaming strategies, social campaigns, product development initiatives, and overall marketing promotions anchored around the Capitol CMG catalog. This position will assist the Capitol CMG Commercial Partnerships & Marketing teams as they develop relationships and strategies that equip the company to continue to be the global market leader in the Christian & Gospel genre.
The ideal candidate should be a team player, a self-starter, a forward-thinker, extremely dependable, and passionate about music. Ultimately, this candidate should be a champion for innovation and relentless execution, developing resources that exceed the expectations of our partners (Label/Artist/Management, CCMG staff, Accounts, and Partners) in keeping with Capitol CMG’s Mission and Vision.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns, and inspiring innovation across the team.
• Develop and execute marketing plans for catalog campaigns including design and advertising opportunities.
• Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to Capitol CMG catalog artists’ activity.
• Coordinate overall catalog project timelines including key dates, asset needs, and deadlines with all relevant departments to keep artist catalog plans on track
• Coordinate with the Capitol CMG commercial & marketing teams to identify opportunities for the marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus on driving the Capitol CMG catalog business, achieving/exceeding revenue targets & market share.
• Create and deliver recurring (monthly) updates for all partners highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority catalog and releases.
• Effectively communicate specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations as it pertains to advancing artist catalog initiatives.
• Serve as the key liaison for artist management and Capitol CMG on all catalog matters – both active and non-active artists.
• Seek, secure, and ensure promotional opportunities are executed within the scope of opportunity alongside the account management team on Commercial Partnerships.
• In conjunction with artist marketing and social media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media support, playlisting and various others uses of partner platforms and tool-kits to help grow artist partnership
• Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and Capitol CMG teams to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands through product development and marketing initiatives.
• Consistently look to find new and existing third-party partners that can help market and promote our artists’ catalog
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of assigned label’s catalog including history, charts, social media platforms, digital and grassroots marketing efforts
• Understand the demographics that comprise artists' fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, design and execute product promotions for all aspects of the marketplace
• Run non-traditional product campaigns (vinyl, D2C, limited editions, etc ) alongside artist marketing teams
• Manage a high volume of communication - phone calls, emails, meetings
• Additional responsibilities as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 3 years of applicable experience in the music industry (experience in digital marketing preferred)
• Experience developing marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals with artist and label teams
• Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
• Must be familiar with/able to navigate information tools such as Nielsen, Buzz Angle, and learn and utilize numerous data dashboards
• Must be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
• Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to accounts, executives, and management
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability & effectiveness to work with team members from diverse backgrounds
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.