Manager, Media Information Modelling
Universal Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Media Information Modeling will be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Metadata Process Modeling. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the company’s strategic initiatives that focus on creative metadata. The candidate will develop a comprehensive business knowledge of the company’s audio, audio-visual, and image content. The Manager, Media Information Modeling will contribute to the creation of data models and associated process designs to implement the creative metadata enrichment processes. The goal of the candidate’s work is to support a component of the strategic program of work intended to make the company’s media content commercially visible inside and outside of the business. In their specific role, the candidate will help to unlock for creative discovery, information about the musical behavior of UMG content to the UMG commercial teams and beyond.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Effectively manage a team responsible for internal tagging, maintenance of the core taxonomy model and engagement with the various tagging teams across the company
• Contribute to the internal and external engagement of the Creative Metadata team regarding data delivery and application
• Manage and maintain the Creative Metadata tables in Big Query and design and implement queries for data delivery according to the various business needs
• Design & Implement manual enrichment processes against core model and synonyms for audio content type and sound recordings
• Apply musical subject matter expertise, analytics and continued testing to validate internal and external operational machine learning capabilities to improve creative metadata accuracy and data integrity
• Engage with the various data and analytics teams for optimizing the efficacy of the data
Bring your VIBE:
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree with a focus in music (e.g. music technology, music performance/composition or music business
• Advanced skills in SQL and Python
• Basic knowledge of how to work with and interpret data (e.g. a strong business intelligence focus in Excel), along with high aptitude for learning new software programs.
• Ability to complete projects on time
• Entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a strong work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• Adaptable and personable with a team player attitude
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.