Manager, Media Information Modeling
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Media Information Modeling will be reporting to the Sr. Manager of Metadata Process Modeling. This role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the company's strategic initiatives that focus on creative metadata. The candidate will develop a comprehensive business knowledge of the company's audio, audio-visual, and image content. The Manager, Media Information Modeling will contribute to the creation of data models and associated process designs to implement the creative metadata enrichment processes. The goal of the candidate's work is to support a component of the strategic program of work intended to make the company's media content commercially visible inside and outside of the business. In their specific role, the candidate will help to unlock for creative discovery, information about the musical behavior of UMG content to the UMG commercial teams and beyond.
How you'll CREATE:
• Effectively manage a team responsible for internal tagging, maintenance of the core taxonomy model and engagement with the various tagging teams across the company
• Contribute to the internal and external engagement of the Creative Metadata, Data Analytics, and Machine Learning teams regarding data delivery and application
• Manage and maintain the Creative Metadata tables in Big Query and design and implement queries for data delivery according to the various business needs
• Design and implement manual enrichment processes against core model and synonyms for audio content type and sound recordings
• Apply musical subject matter expertise, analytics and continued testing to validate internal and external operational machine learning capabilities to improve creative metadata accuracy and data integrity
• Engage with the various data and analytics teams for optimizing the efficacy of the data
Bring your VIBE:
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in a data related field. Advanced music training strongly desired (e.g., music technology, music performance/composition or music business
• Advanced skills in SQL, Python, and Big Query
• Advanced knowledge of how to work with and interpret data (e.g., a strong business intelligence focus in Excel), along with high aptitude for learning new software programs.
• Ability to complete projects on time
• Entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a strong work ethic
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated concepts and recommended courses of action to engage diverse audiences
• Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• Adaptable and personable with a team player attitude
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Business Strategy & Operations
$58,500 - $100,430
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
$58,500.00 - 100,430.00 per year