Manager, Label & Business Development
Universal Music GroupSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Join the Ingrooves team
We are Ingrooves Music Group, part of Universal Music Group. W e are committed to powering creativity in today's dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable t echnology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artist s we work with.
Reporting to the Country Manager , Australia & New Zealand , the position of Manager, Label & Business Development will focus on developing Ingrooves' business, working across existing label partners , new business targets and opportunities, and key specialist digital account relationships .
This position will manage the day to day activities for a roster of distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content . The successful candidate will have a strong interest and knowledge of independent music and culture with a passion for label and artist development.
The role requires a creative strategist who possess es a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. Preferably, they will have experience with metadata best practices , and have solid technical capabilities.
• Manage the day to day relationships with key label partners in Australia and New Zealand , acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing thei r labels' interests
• Identify and create new label/ content partner opportunities. Work with Business Development team to target, approach and negotiate new deals
• Manag e , organi s e and oversee label and release presentations
• Manage label partners' priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
• Liaise with all internal departments including sales strategy, engagement, video, operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners' business needs are met
• Manage assigned labels ' physical and digital product logistics and operations
• E xperience within a label, distribution , DSP or management company working with labels, managers and artists , preferred.
• Passio nate about music discovery and a fan of independent music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
• K nowledge and relationships in the independent music community
• Proven business development and relationship management track record
• Experience with digital and physical retail distribution is a plus
• Affinity to local Hip Hop/ genre-bending Gen Z artists is a plus