Manager, Global Client Services
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
Client Services (“GCS”) is a newly forming first-in-class centralized global client service team, providing a unified frontline to all external inquiries across UMG’s broad application landscape and providing telephonic, e-mail, chat and in-person support.
In addition to inquiry management, this client-centric team will:
• Be “jack of all trades” as each team member within GCS will be able to demonstrate and troubleshoot all external-facing UMG applications
• Enhance our artist and label onboarding process with compelling presentations, demo’s and end-to-end service directory collateral
• Refine UMG processes and controls leveraging inquiry data (what is the data telling us?)
How you’ll CREATE:
• In this capacity, you will act as a member of the Zendesk general triage team for Data & Analytics and marketing data-related support. You will be responsible for providing accurate, efficient first-tier client support, as well as providing a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams for their resolution (as their support is needed) and always ensuring that the client receives a timely and professional response (including cases in which 2nd tier support is required).
• You will be responsible for learning, understanding, and executing all client service support software (including e-mail, chat, telephone, in-person appointments, inquiry reporting, and Google Analytics) in order to support all first-tier inquiries as well as provide a comprehensive package to 2nd tier support teams, and timely client communication regardless of tier-level support.
• You will be responsible for understanding and efficiently navigating all business applications, including, but not limited to, the UMX Suite, DOMO, Prompted UI, Google BigQuery, MDM, R2, and any additional systems and applications required to (i) gather all pertinent data related to client inquiries, and, importantly, (ii) provide clients with in-person and remote application demonstrations and walk-throughs.
• You will be responsible for understanding and efficiently navigating all UMG business procedures, as they relate to client inquiries.
• You will identify new external Help Center article needs and suggest internal support articles based upon client support interactions, and you will be responsible for ensuring that internal and external Help Center content is kept up-to-date and fully satisfies client needs.
• Leveraging Zendesk Explore and Google Analytics reporting platforms, you will be responsible for identifying areas for improvement (be it process, technology, or personnel-driven) within GCS’ overarching operation, advocating for meaningful improvement, and affecting change under the direction of the Director, Innovation & Compliance.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the service level agreement (SLA) standards are met for all clients at all times.
• You will be responsible for conducting Quality Assurance reviews on a sample selection of tickets on a weekly basis to ensure service standards around language, content, response time, and triaging effectiveness are met.
• Under the direction from Director, Innovation & Compliance, you will serve as a liaison between Global Client Services, the Data & Analytics team, and involved IT teams.
• As new service opportunities are identified, you will be asked to learn new business procedures, system applications, and support software as part of first-tier client support.
• As determined and directed by GCS Senior Management, you will both receive and provide training on a broad array of applications supported by GCS, in order to understand and support queries across a variety of UMG Applications globally, and achieve GCS’ vision of an inclusive, integrated centralized support team, each member of which will be capable of supporting 1st (and some 2nd tier) queries across the entirety of the GCS-supported application spectrum.
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 2 years in client services or partner relationship management
• Solid and in-depth understanding of UMG Data & Analytics tools and data ecosystem
• Strong relationship and customer service skills to liaise properly with internal and external clients and customers
• Strong understanding of customer support processes and tools ecosystem; Zendesk (Support, Guide, Explore) experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent and proven problem solving and follow-through skills, open to learn and be flexible
• Ability to multi-task and work in high paced environment with a variety of personalities
• Experience in managing multiple ongoing projects at once
• Proven experience in great problem-solving success
• BA, 4- year college or equivalent education preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer