Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2023 2:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising postings
Full Time Job
How you'll LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for a Manager, Experience & Site Merchandising to oversee frontend customer experience & optimization efforts across Interscope Geffen A&M Records ("IGA") D2C stores as part of a cross-functional team. This person will play a key role in developing & implementing always-on strategies to improve customer conversion, acquisition and retention rates. They will collaborate closely with IGA teams (digital, marketing, revenue and more) and partners across UMG (Audience, Paid Media, Consumer Marketing, Data & Analytics, Global Insights, IT, etc.) to elevate the eCommerce experience for our labels & rights owners (ROs), artists, and, most importantly, their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
Manage eCommerce experience & site merchandising efforts for IGA's roster of D2C stores, including:
Front End Experience & Site Merchandising:
• Use sales data & fan insights to inform store merchandising (ex. product placement, categorization).
• Enable product discovery by leveraging evergreen categories (e.g., best sellers, new arrivals) and curated experiences (ex. thematic collections, shopping guides).
• Deploy upsell & cross-sell tactics to increase AOV.
• Ensure that UX/UI best practices (ex. usability, accessibility, discoverability) are in place.
Campaign & Promotion Strategy:
• Develop promotional strategies around new music and merch releases.
• Lead calendar planning, which includes evergreen store campaigns around key moments (ex. holidays, events, anniversaries), in partnership with Creative Planning.
• Employ tried and tested eCommerce drivers (ex. discounts, gift with purchase programs, free shipping) to incentivize purchases.
• Use bespoke content (ex. blog posts, videos) to increase traffic and engagement to our eCommerce stores, in partnership with creative teams.
• Leverage social commerce and 3rd party sales channels (Instagram Shopping, YouTube x Shopify, etc.) to meet fans where they are.
Performance Analysis & Optimization:
• Track, analyze & report performance to drive optimizations and inform planning & strategy.
• Gather customer feedback through surveys & social listening.
• Use heat mapping & data analytics to understand & tailor user journeys
• Iterate and A/B test to optimize frontend experiences in partnership with Creative Planning.
Customer Acquisition & Retention:
• Drive lead generation & customer acquisition programs (ex. early access, sweepstakes).
• Inform segmentation & targeting (ex. triggered email flows, retargeting) to build customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection.
• Develop and execute retention and loyalty tactics (ex. personalized product recommendations, rewards programs) to increase Customer Lifetime Value.
• Implement SEO best practices to increase organic traffic and ensure store discoverability.
• Collaborate with teammates across creative services, artist engagement, marketing & customer engagement, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to IGA's artists and their fans.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years working in eCommerce marketing or related fields.
• Experience creating content calendars and planning marketing campaigns, including lead generation, awareness & conversion campaigns.
• Experience with calendar planning and marketing campaigns, including lead generation, awareness & conversion.
• Passionate about music, preferably within the IGA roster, and a solid understanding of fandom.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions and recommendations with data.
• Exceptional communication skills. Must be comfortable and effective at clearly communicating concepts & ideas with company employees at all levels, including Executive Management.
• A natural collaborator - must be willing to set ego aside to reach team goals.
• Ability to stay flexible, calm and collected under pressure, and accountable to stakeholders across the organization.
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful.
• Very organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling many high-priority projects at the same time.
• Superior attention to detail.
• A high level of integrity, discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company.
A plus, but not required:
• Experience in the entertainment industry
• CRM/Email marketing, Shopify and project management experience
• Understanding of UX principles and consumer behavior
• Frequent online shopper
• Creative skills (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.