Manager, Direct To Consumer
Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD :
The Manager, Direct-to-Consumer, will support and work closely the Director, Consumer Engagement on the operations and logistics needed to successfully execute new direct-to-consumer programs revolving around artist activity and key events. The Manager will support the Director, CE in coordinating with various internal and external departments to ensure that all necessary operational components are aligned for the launch and maintenance of multiple direct to consumer programs including D2C eCommerce stores, fan clubs, VIP ticketing programs and more. Ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, can thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can juggle the demands of multiple labels and programs.
Ho w you ’l l CREATE :
• Compile necessary logistical information for new product/program launches (SKUs, product titles, product descriptions, hi-res design files, product weights and dimensions etc.)
• Ensure UPCs are generated when appropriate
• Order music and merchandise product when necessary
• Monitor order progress and shipment tracking of music and merchandise orders for on time delivery for ecommerce, VIP and tour needs
• Source and traffic digital music files for campaign fulfillment
• Work with store managers and internal team to ensure Soundscan reporting weekly
• Regular checks on active web stores to ensure that they are functioning properly, that messaging/pricing is accurate in product descriptions and banners, and that items are merchandised in logical sequence depending on various factors.
• Instruct and assist vendors with proper payment portal (uniport) set up
• Submit comp requests to production and provide tracking to requestor in timely fashion.
• Create tracked URLs for digital marketing campaigns and help analyze source traffic via Google Analytics then make suggestions to better optimize future campaigns.
• Assist financial team in reconciling store suspense
• Assist with timely passing of information to other territories for creation of international stores and programs as well as product shipment tracking
• Assist in creation of content calendar and content for fan clubs. Work with internal and external teams to secure content to meet deadlines and get dispersed to fans
• Assist in creation of marketing campaigns to engage fan club in artist’s current projects as well as grow fan club membership
• Monitor fan club discussions and moderate fan club as needed
• Assist in ideation of VIP programs and experiences
• Work with advertising team to create assets market and advertising assets
• Assist with design and ordering of VIP merch
• Compose communicate with event details with VIP purchasers as well as answer questions from purchasers when necessary
• Coordinate with tour teams for proper execution and set up
• Regular reporting of sales and marketing data for all D2C efforts
• Trafficking marketing assets for approval/amendment to relevant parties
• Monitor social chatter for roster of artist web stores for any outstanding issues arising from D2C products/offerings
• Monitor artists properties for messaging of sales and promotions
• Assist in creation of pitch decks and marketing presentations to artists managers and internal teams
• Submit and track invoices for timely payment to vendors
• General admin including meeting scheduling, expense reports, and meeting note taking.
Bring your VIBE :
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Retail industry
Music, Entertainment, eCommerce experiences all a plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical, data and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use the information for reporting
• Drive and manage own tasks effectively; work independently and be an effective contributor to the team
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow through
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight schedules while maintaining production of high-quality work
• Self-accountability to follow-through with proper consistent updates to stake holders
• Proficiency with project-based tools such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish