Manager, Digital Accounts
Universal Music GroupWhitechapel, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Manager, Digital Accounts
Responsible to: SVP, Global Sales Strategy
Location of work: Whitechapel, London
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Ingrooves Music Group is a leading global music distribution and marketing company, led by a global team of music experts, who provide a powerful technology framework for labels and artists, giving them transparent, scalable distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize sales in today’s dynamic digital music marketplace.
The position of Manager, Digital Accounts is responsible for overseeing and driving Ingrooves’ revenue growth strategy with key commercial partners across multiple territories. The successful candidate will articulate and present exceptional knowledge of music consumption trends across various territories.
They will guide our label partners and internal teams on how best to market and monetize content with their assigned commercial partners. They are comfortable and knowledgeable discussing music as well as analytics, and they conduct themselves as leaders within the team.
The B Side: Skills & Experience Be organised
• Maintain and communicate understanding of marketing opportunities, systems and strategies of assigned partners.
• Create and present regular business reviews and growth plans for partners, and prepare strategy plans for management team.
• Develop and implement plans for key labels and projects to increase revenue from catalogue.
• Partner with labels and label managers on promotion of new release and catalogue digital content.
• Manage and grow relationships with marketing, editorial, operations and management contacts of assigned partners.
• Educate internal and external stakeholders on most current practices and strategies.
• Participate in team events, informational sessions, gigs and meetings.
• Use insights and analytics from varied sources to discover and present opportunities to increase revenue, work cross-departmentally to action priorities from outside home markets.
Person specification Essential
• Experience in the music industry.
• Proven track record of having worked with local digital streaming services.
• Significant Account Management experience.
• Collaborative, resourceful, positive and organized.
• Exceptional communication skills including public speaking and presentation skills.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of digital entertainment marketplace, industry trends, competitive landscape, differences among markets.
• Experience sourcing, interpreting and presenting industry insights and analytics in the sales process.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a project deadline environment.
• Knowledge of digital distribution process and managing lead-times times.
• Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
• A passion for all kinds of music, and passion for discovering what moves people to listen.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.