Manager, Creative Licensing
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2023 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Creative Licensing jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Manager, Creative Licensing postings
Full Time Job
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (''IGA'') is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
IGA is currently seeking a Manager, Creative Licensing position in our Santa Monica, CA office location.
How you'll CREATE:
• Creatively pitch, identify and secure new sync opportunities in the Film and TV space for IGA and VLG's frontline releases as well as our catalog
• Track Film and TV productions globally
• Ability to assist across soundtrack opportunities by working closely with Department Head to manage relationships with the studios and / or networks executives, coordinate with A&R, BA and marketing points as well as manage cue sheets and clearances
• Process a high volume of creative briefs in a timely and efficient manner, while delivering the best ideas from our roster and catalog
• Work closely with the with internal departments including Marketing, A&R, Digital Marketing, Revenue and International as well as other key project stakeholders to create timely opportunities around artist releases
• Collaborate with the Film and TV Creative Licensing team to develop and implement tactics for client outreach, while developing and growing relationships with existing clients
• Develop and execute creative strategy to develop new client opportunities
• Proactively reach out to assigned clients to garner sync placements and valuable looks for our artists
• Create and execute best in class showcases, playbacks and special events to introduce artists and engage the Film and TV community
• Work closely with artists, publishers and artist representatives to ensure sync initiatives align with artist's objectives
• Monitor and keep up to date on trends in the Film and TV Space
Bring your VIBE:
• Must have a passion for all genres of music and be a team player
• Provable track record in landing syncs in various Advertising campaigns
• Must have extensive relationships in the music supervision community, as well as with other labels and publishers
• In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a creative capacity on a sync team is preferred, but will also consider similar experience in music supervision
• 3-5 years of experience working in creative sync for commercial advertising
• Knowledge of union requirements, vocal consents, and custom licensing for advertising
• Position is located in Santa Monica, CA. Candidate must be willing to work from this location.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category:Synch & Licensing
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.