Manager, Commercial Partnerships
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Commercial Partnerships supports the partner specific team in the areas of account service, communication, and analysis with revenue and marketing focused responsibilities. Responsible for day-to-day operations and mentoring the team coordinators. This position supports multiple accounts (YouTube, Google, Vevo, TikTok).
How you’ll CREATE:
• Revenue and Operations focused responsibilities:
• Manage and create processes to oversee the operationalization and execution of commercial terms, utilizing various UMG platforms/systems and partner CMS.
• Work with partners and labels to implement best practices across the various platforms including video/channel/profile/content optimization and strategy
• Revenue and Marketing Support
• Identify and communicate New releases/catalog, Label Priorities and promotional opportunities across all digital products
• Strategize with label and partners on specific marketing initiatives
• Social Media and Audio/Visual Marketing: Identify opportunities and guide execution of social media outreach and playlisting strategy with partners and content providers.
• Managing and updating Hit List
• Streaming, Sales and Promotional event analysis
• Manage analysis requests with partner and internal analysis teams
• Customer service:
• Oversee Vevo request queue
• Reconcile metadata across partner & UMG databases
• Work with Digital Ops/Rights Management teams to troubleshoot and resolve delivery/claiming issues
Bring your VIBE:
• Working understanding of basics of digital/video supply chain, metadata, rights management
• Familiarization with current, new, and upcoming content/social media platforms
• Knowledge of UMG labels/artists/releases
• Experience with analytics and social media/influencer digital marketing
• Working knowledge and understanding of UMG internal systems a plus. Ability to quickly learn new systems a must
• Minimum 2 years of experience in business operations, analysis, sales or marketing experience at music company, media company or digital partner
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building with labels and partner
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
• Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media, UGC and digital marketing
• Intuitive thinker able to quickly identify problems and design best solutions to resolve issues and optimize efficiencies
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and product consumption
• Familiarity with and user of multiple platforms, products and services
• Strong interest in music and pop culture, with extensive knowledge of current and catalog music titles and artists across all music distribution companies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.