Manager, Brand Partnerships
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Republic Records is currently seeking an enthusiastic, savvy, and self-driven manager to work across the five different pillars of the Brand Partnerships division: 1) Biz Dev 2) Brand Collaborations 3) Artist Endorsements 4) Event Sponsorships and 5) Product Placement.
What Bandmember Are You?
This role will be responsible for aiding in the day-to-day brand partner relationships and will play an integral role in the development of innovative music marketing programs and activations for brand partners and artists. They will also be responsible for communicating and executing against the client brand's needs, determining objectives and success metrics and collaborating with internal divisions to ensure plans are presented and delivered on time and on budget. The position requires experience and skill in, among other things, project/account management, brand sponsorships, the sales process, building strategic alliances and relationships, P&L creation, brand and talent relations, program execution, as well as, a strong understanding of both the music industry and brands that intersect at different points within the music industry based on the five pillars above.
• Overall leadership and management of brand growth through sound strategic thinking and excellence in execution
• Strategic/innovative approach to identifying new brand prospects
• Management of sold programs/projects including liaising between artist and brand teams, management of legal documents and payments, coordination of weekly calls, tracking of deliverables and timelines, etc.
• Execution of Republic tentpole events including coordination of general production/logistics, initial brand outreach for sponsorships and onsite execution
• Collaboration with internal teams to identify, pitch and execute music video integration opportunities
How You Will Rock Your Role:
• 4 – 5 years project/account management experience
• Passion for music & brands
• Understanding of the agency, brand and entertainment landscape
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of executives, management and staff - in person, on the phone and in writing
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Experience in bringing concepts to life through written presentations
• Self-starter, will take initiative with new projects
• Professional demeanor and attitude in dealing with clients and co-workers
• Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work well under pressure
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Keynote or InDesign presentation skills would be a major plus
• College Degree required
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.