Licensing & Synchronisation Manager
Universal Music GroupSydney, NS
Full Time Job
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Have you ever watched a Film or TV show and thought the music was OUT OF THIS WORLD? If someone asked you, ''WHAT'S YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE ALBUM?'' would you struggle to choose because THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!? Ever thought your music obsession could be a full-time career?
Universal Music Australia is looking to appoint a Licensing & Synchronization Manager for our USYNC Licensing team .
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Administration and Management of Licence Agreements and invoices for the Department in conjunction with Sync Director
• Generating monthly reports for the Sync Director and Finance Department.
• Work in conjunction with Sync Director on TV/Film Productions including providing quotations, negotiating commercial terms and seeking artist permission
• Adhoc / Miscellaneous licensing request as directed by Sync Director ( ie education, charity and low budget productions)
• Liaise with internal artist development on artist strategy and sync opportunities , including attending new music meetings and providing reports to labels of confirmed Licences.
• Research and substantiate master rights of tracks
• Sourcing master wavs and mp3s for clients upon request
• Project Management of any GCS / R2 related issues
• Liaising with Universal Strategic Marketing and Universal Classics & Jazz and 3 rd Party companies in relation to clearances on all compilation projects.
• Your obsession with music knows no bounds!
• You have 2 years in licensing, synchronisation or music, legal, and contracts experience.
• You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation.
• You have proven customer service skills and will go above and beyond for internal and external contacts.
• You're a Microsoft Office super user and also a nerd for learning new systems. Experience in GCS & RMS Systems are preferable.
• You get along with all kinds of different people, collaboration is key.
We are a passionate team with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative, and respected artists. If think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you.
Follow us on socials at [email protected] for exclusive events, artist and music releases, and career opportunities Register to our Talent Pool: