Learning and Development Business Partner UK
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/25/2021 7:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Learning and Development Business Partner UK jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Learning and Development Business Partner UK postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Learning and Development Business Partner UK? Description
Job title: Learning and Development Business Partner UK
Responsible to: Senior Learning and Development Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Location of work: Blended home and Kings Cross office working
Music is Universal
t’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As a Learning & Development Business Partner you will support the business in helping to create and deliver effective group and individual learning interventions and programmes. A ‘hands-on’ influencer, you will have the opportunity to add value across all aspects of L&D in collaboration with the wider HR team. Utilising coaching and consultative approaches, you always try to find the root cause of any development required and deliver excellent initiatives.
As a holistic L&D expert you enjoy embedding yourself into a business, uncovering and diving deep into employee, team and business area challenges, goals, skills and more. Your mindset is solutions-led, and you’re committed to keeping open communication across the business, including feeling confident challenging what we are doing and why. This is a visible role that requires a highly proactive approach, requiring a combination of analytical thinking alongside a creative, growth mindset.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Work alongside the L&D team to co-create and deliver L&D strategies and plans
• To effectively own training needs analysis all the way through to evaluation for your business areas
• Enhance succession planning by instigating individual career development programmes
• Be the go-to expert for all things L&D, from individual development plans to delivering workshops and development/training programmes
• Demonstrate knowledge and expertise within diversity, inclusion, belonging and wellness to support development initiatives
• Work with and through the HR team to effectively collaborate on companywide projects and initiatives
• Constantly review and analyse what you’re finding out about the business, both personally and through solid relationships across the functions
• Work closely with the L&D team to manage budgets. Core experience and skills required include, using own initiative to take ownership and work autonomously, proactively seek creative solutions when problem solving, apply critical thinking when making decisions and be able communicate with clarity and real conviction
• Experience in designing, creating content and implementing effective learning solutions for a range of audiences: both groups and individuals
• Is able to deliver and facilitate cross company development sessions
• Ability to build and maintain meaningful and trusted relationships with key stakeholders and all employees
• Share knowledge and apply skills, including challenging our processes and ways of working. You’re comfortable implementing iterations and seeking feedback quickly, from a variety of sources
• You know how to manage the complexities of dealing with a high volume of tasks with conflicting deadlines
Additional experience could include
• Graduate level - HR/psychology degree preferred
• Chartered CIPD qualified or evidence of proactive growth mindset.
• Experienced user of a range of psychometric and other tools e.g. Insights Discovery, MBTI etc.
• Experience working in a Media or Music organisation
The Learning and Development Team
• We are a progressive team who continually seek out innovative and fresh ideas to ensure the work we do is meaningful and positively influences companywide cultural change
• We are passionate about the quality of great conversations and always striving for excellence
• As a team we adopt an agile way of working to adapt to current business needs whilst applying strategic and considered thinking to the work we do. Our team values relationships built on respect, trust and integrity
• We’re diverse and inclusive, as humans and in our music taste - we don’t judge and expect the same from you
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.