Label Development Manager
Universal Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Label Development Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Label Development Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Label Development Manager? Description
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
Reporting directly to the SVP, Label Development, the Label Development Manager will focus on the development of key US based record labels. This position will manage the day to day activities for distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content. A successful candidate will have a strong passion and knowledge of music and pop culture with an excitement for independent label and artist development. They need to be a creative strategist who possess a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. They have experience with metadata best practices and have solid technical capabilities.
The Label Development Manager is based preferably in our Nashville or Los Angeles offices.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Manage the day to day relationships with US based label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels' interests
• Work with the SVP, Label Development and Label Development team to strategize on growth of US based music content on a global level
• Work to develop a strategic partnership with the US based label roster to help guide label level distribution strategy
• Manage label partners' priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
• Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns and comfortably use internal and external data sources to explain results to artists, labels and managers, and help create action plans from the results
• Manage assigned label’s physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
• Build and grow strong relationships with editors, programmers and key personnel at digital accounts, working alongside Ingrooves Commercial Strategy Team managing, organizing and overseeing internal label and release presentations
• In collaboration with the Commercial Strategy Team, create and coordinate effective marketing strategies to drive DSP conversations internally and externally
• Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the label roster.
• Liaise with all internal departments including commercial strategy, engagement, catalog, video, platform operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners' business needs are met
• Lead in business reviews with priority US label partners
Bring your VIBE:
• 4 – 6 years’ experience within a distribution, label, management or music company working directly with labels, managers and artists
• Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres of music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
• Extensive knowledge and relationships in the independent music community
• Relationships at the various DSP’s and with playlist programmers strongly preferred
• Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanor
• Articulate in written and oral communication
• Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
• Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
• Experience with digital and physical retail distribution
• Working knowledge of physical production and the physical retail landscape
• International music business experience a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.