Junior Data Analyst
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Junior Data Analyst (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Job title: Junior Data Analyst (6 Month FTC)
Responsible to: Director – BI & Digital Rights
Department: Global Royalties
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Digital Rights Administration team is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to advance reporting and insights capabilities.
The Digital Rights Administration team is responsible for generating revenue and viewership from User Generated Content through digital asset management and manual claiming. We support UMG labels and territories with the best-in-class asset management and conflict resolution services including data scrubbing, claim disputes, ownership conflicts, reference file integrity.
The Junior Data Analyst will report to the Director of Business Intelligence and will be responsible for understanding a range of data, providing actionable insights and reporting back to the business.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
• Analyse data from partners and internal systems to generate insights for the business from a new perspective
• Design queries and views to implement real-time dashboards
• Work with stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Support the DRA team by determining ways to drive results based on insights
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong level of SQL
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets skills
• Experience in designing and implementing real-time dashboards for data visualization (e.g. DOMO, Google Data Studio or others)
• Ability to write simple Python scripts (Pandas library and Jupyter notebook)
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience working with RESTful APIs (e.g. Google/YouTube APIs)
• Understanding of the Google Cloud platform (e.g. Google BigQuery, Cloud Functions)
• Experience in the video/music industry
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know..
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.