Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Act as a liaison between business owners/sponsors and IT resources to successfully develop/maintain/enhance system solutions that meet business needs and priorities.
• Maintain excellent client relations:
• Communicate with client community for each project on a regular basis.
• Foster a collaborative relationship with the stakeholders and keep them engaged.
• Liaise regularly with application business owners and other stakeholders in Los Angeles and European time zones to collect, document and prioritize enhancement requests and issues for each system.
• Review, prioritize and report on system production support issues and enhancement requests, ensuring resolution in in accordance with the Service Level Objectives for each system.
• Review approve and coordinate with stakeholders on infrastructure change requests and associated downtime.
• Work with business users and IT to plan releases for each system.
• Determine business requirements:
• Ensure that business requirements for projects are complete and well documented.
• Ensure that projects meet business requirements.
• Remain responsive to client needs throughout projects.
• Coordinate technical resources:
• Work with technical teams to provide estimates to business for enhancement requests.
• Ensure change management process is followed in accordance with departmental policies and audit requirements.
• Address priorities across multiple applications and projects.
• Coordinate with internal and external resources across multiple time zones to provide support for production issues and implement releases to production.
• Coordinate after-hours support and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Periodically review system performance and coordinate optimization efforts. Plan and carry out yearly space planning and maintenance efforts, as needed.
• Regularly review server space requirements.
• Participate in annual Disaster Recovery exercises.
• Ensure system documentation is kept up to date.
• Assist management in effectively sharing resources between projects and existing systems, both within and outside of projects under direct supervision, and managing team resource’s time successfully.
• Effectively manage conflict within the team and with other individuals and groups necessary to maximize team success and productivity.
• Establish and maintain regular weekly team meetings.
• Clearly outline expectations for the week. As needed, document issues discussed, and action items assigned for each meeting.
• Provide regular budget/allocations forecasts and participate in departmental resource planning.
• Participate in yearly IT audit and compile required audit evidence.
• Organize periodic user access reviews according to documented IT audit procedures.
• Provide weekly updates to management.
• Develop requests for funding (AFE) including requirements, expected benefits and time-phased costs.
• Set direction for each project within UMGIT guidelines and with management’s involvement/approval.
• Work with external teams to ensure projects adhere to UMG standards for design, infrastructure, procurement, licensing and security.
• Develop and manage Project Plans as needed:
o Identify deliverables to be completed
o Ensure each project tracks to an established, detailed project plan
o Provide Plan updates to IT management and other stakeholders on a regular basis
• Work with management to develop project budgets and maintain financials for each project
• Ensure project teams are adequately and appropriately staffed. Review staffing mix periodically to ensure team is staffed for success.
• Create a sense of urgency within the organization for completing the project.
• Coordinate and oversee the system development process, including development of a strategic plan, systems analysis, technical design, coding, testing and turnover to production
• Ensure development of comprehensive test plan for each project under management. Ensure all system functionality/enhancements are fully tested against a written, approved test plan.
• Ensure all issues and problems are prioritized, logged and tracked to resolution.
• Keep management informed of important issues and problems.
• Negotiate resolution to issues when necessary
• Develop and manage procedures for handling scope change, including documenting changes to original scope with associated cost estimates and approvals.
• Identify, assess and manage risks to projects. Develop a risk management plan and maintain it during the life of the project. Develop strategies for mitigating risks. Ensure that the project sponsor and stakeholders are fully informed of the risks and updated as the risks or their likelihood change.
• Work closely with the appropriate groups to successfully migrate to production upon approval from client and/or direct management. Clearly communicate with appropriate groups throughout process, meeting or exceeding established lead-times and timelines
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels of our company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate/advanced Excel proficiency, including use of pivot tables and worksheet functions
• Bachelor Degree with a major in Finance or Accounting required
• Minimum of 3 years experience in related field required
• SAP experience a plus
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Experience managing projects to select and implement packaged software
• Ability to lead and work through other resources.
• Ability to manage multiple projects of varying sizes simultaneously.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 5 years experience managing application development projects
• 5 years experience developing web applications
• Music or entertainment industry experience
• Experience with an iterative development approach such as Rational Rose or Agile.
• Project Management Institute Certification
• Minimum 4-year business or technical degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.