Intern - Sync
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 6/24/2022 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Sync jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Intern - Sync postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job title: Sync Intern
Responsible to: Senior Creative Licensing Manager
Department: Decca Records
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Working with world renowned artists from The Lumineers to Andrea Bocelli and Gregory Porter alongside internationally ground-breaking young artists such as Aurora and Jacob Collier is all in a day's work at Decca Records. Home to icons of classical, jazz, country, Americana and more, Decca Records - synonymous with 60s rock'n'roll - has been defining music of all genres since 1929.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Assisting the Sync manager with all sync related tasks which include:
• Working with the A&R team to make sure we have all the latest music ready for pitching and it's in our internal pitching system with the correct metadata.
• Helping the sync manager pitch music to music supervisors for briefs we get sent.
• Sending out mailers to clients to let them know about new releases and sync playlists we're curated.
• Helping the Sync Manager curate sync playlists.
• Letting clients know about upcoming gigs and managing the guestlists and ticket requests.
• Quoting and negotiating fees for sync projects.
• Submitting the sync requests into the internal system and making sure everything is processed properly.
• Liaising with the legal team to check we have sync rights for songs clients request for licensing.
• Putting together deal memos at the end of project with all the details so the lawyer can put together a licence.
Sync experience is helpful but not essential. Must be interested in music and the Film, TV, Gaming or Advertising industry. Must be organised and have great attention to detail.
• Switched on, outgoing, pro-active individual with keen interest in pursuing a career in the music and entertainment industry
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to multitask demands from across the business
• A genuine passion and interest in music, including classical music, and advertising/film/tv/video games essential
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to show own initiative
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.