Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Royalty Intern (12 MTHS)
Job title: UK Royalty Intern
Responsible to: UK Royalty Manager
Department: UK Administration
Location of work: Kings Cross, London
Main Purpose of Role
Having moved to new state-of -the-art premises in Kings Cross in November 2018, this role as a Royalty Intern, offers a fantastic opportunity for to learn the ropes within the Administration function of a major Music Publisher in the World’s biggest music company. The UK Royalty department at UMP provides a client focused service with the mandate to provide an industry leading customer service offering, through new technologies and a constant refinement of process delivered through innovative thinking across the team. We’re looking for someone to be a key member of this team and join us as we embark on this next chapter for UMP.
The successful candidate will participate in the following core functions of the Royalty department:
• Support the Royalty Department with statement reconciliation and loading.
• Income statement header loading.
• Third party statement matching.The majority of income statement Royalty Matching is managed by our central Ops centre in Nashville.
• Delivery of income statements to the Global Royalty dept.
• Suspense and Error Calculation review.
• Respond to client royalty queries via the customer service inbox.
• Post processing statement review.
• Royalty Window (online client portal) advance request handling.
• Maintenance of client payment details.
• Payment review / loading and reconciliation.
• Support the Royalty Manager and Assistant Royalty Manager with client audits.
• Exposure to and collaboration with the UK Copyright function.
• A team player with a “can do attitude”
• Effective communicator: Ability to clearly communicate royalty detail to our clients clearly coupled with an ability to understand and relay client requirements; you must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent numeracy.
• Ability to “manage up” to support the UK Royalty and Finance departments.
• Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel as well as being comfortable learning to extract and manipulate data from customised systems and databases.
• Ability to manage deadlines and work to timetables.
• Experience of working within a rights or royalty department.
• Demonstrable interest in the Administration / Operation of a music publisher.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where nobody will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.