Intern - Public Relations
Universal Music GroupMiami Beach, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking a Public Relations intern for our Universal Music Latin Entertainment division in Miami, Florida.
• Support staff in editing, proof reading, and submitting press releases to our internal database of media contacts in both English and Spanish.
• Translate and develop text in both languages.
• Create recap reports.
• Lead new business develop initiative to scout new media outlets
• Organize current media outlet database
• Marketing or Communications major preferred but not required
• MUST be bilingual in English and Spanish (completely fluent – read, write, interpret)
• Very strong attention to detail
• Strong communicator
• Able to carry out multiple projects at once
• Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
• Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
• Should have at least sophomore year standing
• Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.