Press & Online PR Intern
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/12/2019 6:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Press & Online PR Intern jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Press & Online PR Intern postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Press & Online PR Intern? Description
Job title: Press & Online PR Intern
Responsible to: Head of Communications
Location of work: Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Press Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Decca Press department as necessary.
The B Side: Skills and Experience
• Attending & assisting at Decca events & gigs.
• Ordering stationary.
• Day-to-day running of Press Office – updating picture files, quote sheets, transferring phone interviews between artist & journalist, covering interviews & photocalls in person.
• Updating & sending Weekly Artist Relations Report.
• Updating and sending Decca Release Schedule to Music Week on a weekly basis.
• Handling all CD requests – sending out review copies physically & digitally, FOCs.
• Preparing mail outs, physical and digital.
• Booking travel and hotels for staff/press/artists
• Updating/maintaining contact database, including updating & creating tailored lists (e.g. women’s press, men’s press, food, travel, format pieces etc.)
• Sending packages via courier and booking taxis / transport on behalf of the Press department.
• Managing all press cuttings (be responsible for all newspapers, magazines, scanning, filing, online searches, updating the Media Reports, distributing relevant print & online cuttings, updating the Press Board).
• Writing press releases.
• Regional Press – looking after regional coverage for Decca artists, making contacts and getting album reviews, news stories, live reviews, interviews etc.
• Providing national and local press with pictures on request.
• Assisting with Press Stories – photocalls, stunts, call-rounds/pitching to media for coverage.
• Collating press packs.
• Assist other areas of the Promotions Department (Radio, TV) when needed.
• Passionate about music with a desire to progress in the industry.
• Desire to work within Press/Online.
• An understanding of the media (i.e. a regular user of music & news websites and familiar with newspapers,).
• Self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Enthusiastic about attending gigs & events, whatever the genre of music (Jazz, Classical, Folk, Americana, Pop, Blues, Soul etc.)
• Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Flexible and able to prioritise own workload
• Excellent IT skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Experience working in ‘music’ (personal or professional).
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.