Intern - Communications
Universal Music GroupToronto, ON
Part Time Unpaid Internship
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Winter 2019 - Feb to Apr)
Universal Music Canada is proud to offer students the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the music industry through our Unpaid Internship Program commencing Winter 2019 (February to April). Today’s students may be tomorrow’s employees and this placement will provide interested students with the chance to work with and learn directly from music industry professionals.
• General administrative duties.
• Assisting with digital music press servicing.
• Reviewing daily media.
• Compiling, filing and scanning press clippings.
• Preparing digital press kits.
• General media relations.
• Maintaining media database.
• Assist communications team with on-site of press days or guest list at events if needed.
• Passion for music.
• A thorough understanding of media and public relations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Picture Manager.
• Overall computer savvy.
• Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
If you are interested in an Internship at Universal Music Canada and currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement , please remember to include all of the following with your application :
• Cover letter and resume indicating the internship you are interested in applying for (in an order of preference - 3 maximum preferences, 1 being most preferred)
• Days and hours of availability, along with the number of hours that must be completed.
• D ocumentation from the accredited institution outlining: internship requirements, workplace safety and accident insurance coverag e and that credit or recognition will be earned for the internship with the accredited institution
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.