Intern - Audience Development
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job title: Audience Development Intern
Responsible to: Audience Development Manager
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through the soundtracks of Disney and new albums from legends such as The Specials, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
The Audience Development team is at the heart of UMC’s work to grow bigger, more engaged global audiences for our artists and their catalogues. Developing long-term creative digital plans, informed by clear audience insights, to grow listening over time.
Main purpose of the role:
UMC are looking for a curious and enthusiastic Audience Development Intern t o work alongside the Audience Development team to provide digital marketing support and a ssistance across a broad range of artist s and projects .
General / regular duties:
• Digital Content
• Assist with the production of digital assets mailers, banners, social content, video edits , influencers etc.
• Channel Management
• Responsible for our Genre & UMC channels , including playlists.
• Organise and produce ongoing c ontent to grow bigger and more engaged channel audiences.
• Optimis e channels and provide simple reports on progress.
• Schedul e , publish, moderat e and respond.
• Creat e and optimis e monthly genre newsletters.
• Produc e and circulat e the weekly ECRM newsletter.
• Competitors, Industry and Audience Trends
• Monitor competitor and industry activity, sharing any knowledge and learnings.
• Proactively seek out and report on innovations, new technologies, audience trends, and movements in the digital space.
• Set up competitions; T&Cs, form building, communicating with winners, product mail out/arrangement for gig ticket collection.
• Set up pages in Linkfire.
• Test and deliver final links for tracking.
• Arrang e redirects and adjustments during live periods.
• Admin & Support
• Prepar e documents for weekly meetings, arrange rooms and call details, agendas and minutes.
• Additional ad hoc duties where required.
• Passionate about music with a desire to work in digital and progress in the music industry.
• Knowledge of digital marketing & digital music developments.
• Analytically minded and highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
• Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
• Aptitude for technical tasks with the ability to learn quickly.
• Experience using/ maintaining social networking sites & streaming services (e.g. Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music).
• Familiarity with creating email marketing and tools (e.g Mailchimp).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable dealing with people at all levels within the business.
• Experience compiling and executing social communication plans.
• Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Photoshop, as well as all Microsoft office programs (specifically Excel & Word).
• Sound understanding of social media analytics platforms.
• Expert/regular user of a streaming platform.
• Self-motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic.
• Experience of working with in an office environment.
• Experience working in the music industry (personal or professional).
• Video production editing skills.
Diversity & inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orien tation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.