Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Part Time Job
HR BP (Part-time job share – 2/3 days per week to include Thursday & Friday)
Job title: HR BP (Part-time job share – 2/3 days per week to include Thursday & Friday)
Responsible to: SVP HR, Universal Music Group
Department: Human Resources
Location of work: King's Cross, London
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Reporting to the SVP HR, this role acts as a key business partner to the Universal Music Group. Responsible for designated client groups – from providing support on operational issues, HR policy development, GDPR to informing and challenging senior management thinking and delivering strategic people initiatives.
The B Side: Skills & Experience Be knowledgeable
• Manage and advise on policy, process and employment law. In particular, to work with line management to manage performance management processes, grievance, disciplinary, redundancy, sickness and absence cases.
• Provide feedback regarding matters of compliance and governance including GDPR and employment legislation compliance.
• In conjunction with business heads, to effectively plan, action and successfully deliver restructures, including the management of any redundancy consultation in accordance with commercial and legal requirements.
• Help line management and employees in dealing with any short and longer term absence issues; from advising on policy to offering support.
• Manage any employee or consultant contract changes; including negotiations, reviews and transfers.
• Coach managers on performance management issues and processes, to ensure all members of their team are working at the optimum level.
• Work in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organisation Development and Compensation & Benefits teams to understand how you can provide a “seamless” HR service to the business.
• Develop close working relationships with business unit heads and line managers within designated client groups, assisting them in dealing with operational HR issues, challenging thinking and providing feedback in order to help the business to maximise overall employee productivity.
• Be a trusted partner to the Senior Leadership Team.
• Willingness to get involved in/drive ad hoc projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Significant experience working at HR BP level or equivalent.
• Experience in HR policy development, delivery and embedding.
• Good knowledge of employment law.
• Willing to be flexible in terms of working arrangements as required.
• Experience in the implementation of GDPR policy would be advantageous.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.