Health & Safety Coordinator
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Health & Safety Coordinator
Responsible to: H&S Manager and Director of Property Services
Department: Property Services
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The UK Property Services department looks after all building and facilities services across Universal Music Groups' UK property portfolio. Sitting within Property Services is the health and safety team. The health and safety team is responsible for providing competent advice, writing policies, procedures risk assessments and supporting with the implementation of controls.
The H&S Coordinator will be permanently based at Universal Music's UK HQ (4PS) in Kings Cross but may also be required to visit other London sites occasionally where required.
We deliver a quality service to staff and visitors alike, thinking in proactive and creative ways to drive value and service within a fun and creative environment.
The H&S Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the H&S Manager by carrying out the following functions:
• Accident/Incident/Near miss reporting and system management
• DSE assessment and coordination
• Co-ordination of H&S training
• Management of H&S trackers/databases
• Coordination of risk assessments
• Monitoring of the H&S Mailbox
The individual will preferably have previous experience working within a H&S/Facilities role. They will have experience with using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and building forms, simple databases and editing documents.
will also include:
• Working with others within the Property Services team in ensuring compliance and gathering information
• Proof reading documents
• Editing/updating/putting together forms/spreadsheets, etc.
• Gathering information and reporting incidents on system
• Co-ordinating training and arranging through suppliers
• Dealing with queries and escalating to the appropriate member of the team
• Monitoring documents expiries and coordinating work
• Carrying out DSE assessments
• Co-ordinating DSE training and follow-up assessments with internal/external assessors
• Chasing up non-compliance and expired training
• Co-ordinating first aider/fire warden training/cover
Sustainability is at the heart of what we do, and the Property Services Team is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and always looking at ways to reduce our impact on the planet. The Property Services Manager will be leading the way by questioning status quo and finding innovating answer to improve our systems while ensuring the best option for the business.
4 Ps for 4PS:
People – Get to know our people. They're the soul of the business
Professionalism – Know the business, act with integrity and be respectful to everyone
Presentation – Be the face of the business: friendly, helpful and welcoming
Passion – Bring enthusiasm, energy and, most of all, a sense of fun
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Understand Gantt charts and project management tools
• Previous experience in a coordinating role within an organization-Desirable
• Previous experience with DSE assessing-Desirable
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience of management systems-Desirable
• Good organizational skills- email, workload, database/tracker management
• Working closely with others within a team
• Previous experience working within Facilities/H&S-Desirable
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Proactively promotes and drives change
• Ensures appropriate professional working standards are maintained
• Holds NEBOSH or IOSH H&S certificate- Desirable
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.