Head Of Sales
Universal Music GroupFulham, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Head of Sales
Responsible to: Managing Director, Production Music
Department: Production Music
Location of work: Fulham Broadway (Kings Cross Summer 2018)
Main purpose of role
The Head of Sales will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the sales team and will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of the UK sales strategy to achieve company objectives.
• Devise and implement the UK sales strategy for Universal Production Music UK.
• Lead and develop the Key Account Management team.
• Proactively seek out new business opportunities across all media.
• Maintain and develop relationships with key clients and partners and negotiate and close deals.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager on developing and executing the UK Marketing Strategy.
• Work closely with the International and UK Digital team on the technology delivery and website offerings.
• Work closely with the International Marketing Department and the international territory managers.
• Run weekly sales/marketing/music supervision meetings.
• Proactively sell and promote our wide range of client services.
• Keep up to date with market trends.
• Attend relevant UK and international trade shows.
• Demonstratable track record in a senior role within the Music Publishing business
• Experience in synchronisation an advantage
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Excellent networker who is able to build strong ties with existing and new partners
• Demonstrate a unique combination of excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture
• Excellent presentation skills
• Passion, experience and knowledge within the Music and Broadcast business
• A strong relationship-based sales-driven mentality
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, highly competitive business landscape
• Proven track record in identifying and understanding commercial opportunities and growing revenues within a business
• We are ideally looking for someone who holds a university degree or equivalent professional qualification
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.