Head Of International Marketing
Universal Music GroupKuala Lumpur, KL
Full Time Job
UMG is in search of a Head of International Marketing to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
Accountable for marketing campaign strategy for multiple artists and projects across the UMG International roster. Work closely with other HODs and all other departments within UMG to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for a range of artists – from new signings to global superstars. He/She should have a strong understanding of artist development; streaming, digital and traditional retail/revenue business; live touring, events and festivals; creative and content strategy; long-term budget and P L management; artist relations and the ability to collaborate with artists and music executives daily in and out of the office.
About this role:
• Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns for album launches.
• Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, SEO, email/text, web development, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist.
• Must be able to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
• Coordinate all internal departmental efforts (digital marketing, sales, publicity, radio promotion, etc.) leading up to, and throughout, album release. To ensure proper execution of overall marketing plan to drive fan engagement campaigns and music consumption opportunities.
• Act as primary liaison between artist and label, communicating status and issues back to label management while diplomatically representing the label’s interests to the artist
• Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and marketing team to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands
• Generate timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines
• Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
• Effectively manage marketing budgets for assigned projects
• Oversee and coordinate the creation of tools needed for marketing, sales and advertising campaigns
• Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure for the artist and/or release
• Manage a high volume of internal/external meetings and email correspondence
• Music industry experience with an emphasis in marketing and the Urban space
• General knowledge of all departments within a label, including Digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion
• Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
• Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
• Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
• Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
• Must be adaptable and able to establish good relationships
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.