Graduate / Assistant Accountant
Universal Music GroupSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2021 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Graduate / Assistant Accountant jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all Graduate / Assistant Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Graduate / Assistant Accountant?
Full Time Job
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Are you looking for a Finance/Accounting opportunity in an industry you are passionate about? Perhaps you're a fresh graduate ready to kick-start your career?
If learning the world of Music Royalties within our Accounting team, sounds exciting to you, please keep reading.
We are on the hire for a Graduate / Assistant Accountant to provide support to the Finance team in administering royalties accounts within our general ledger, including facilitation of payments, journal processing, reconciliations, and financial analysis.
About the role:
• Support accounts payable processes including payments to our artists and labels, coding of invoice and receipts, processing journals and maintaining general ledger.
• Assist with royalty accounting and reporting processes, such as preparation and reconciliation of artist royalty statements, system/database administration and financial analysis as required.
• Collaborate on team projects to enhance systems, functions and productivity.
• Work with artists and artist management on any and all royalty related questions.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Recent graduate of Finance/Accounting (or other relevant qualification) plus basic experience in administration, processing or finance-related role.
• You're a 'Numbers Person' and keen to work in a Business/Finance/Accounting position.
• Impeccable eye for detail, excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and enjoys learning new systems.
• You may not have any Royalties experience but have the aptitude to learn new things and ask the right questions.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with a variety of co-workers.
• Australia Permanent Resident / Citizen
Follow us on socials at [email protected] for exclusive events, artist and music releases, and career opportunities Register to our Talent Pool: