Global Data Services Coordinator
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
The Coordinator reports to the Global Data Services Manager and will work closely with other members of the Global Data Services team. This position is responsible for the accurate entry and maintenance of copyright and royalty data into UMPG's core publishing system. In addition, this position will include researching, reviewing and checking data for accuracy and rectifying any anomalies, and will work on a variety of tasks across differing projects for Global Administration and our global affiliates.
How you'll CREATE:
• Accurate and timely entry of copyright and royalty data in UMPG's administration systems in accordance with global standards
• Load, process, and reconcile electronic royalty distribution statements in accordance with controls
• Research, load and maintain UMPG catalog related information such as interested parties, song and recording details, metadata, and copyright information
• Interpretation and standardization of external reports for ingestion into UMPG systems
• Reporting on information from UMPG systems for management or affiliates
• Use research tools, database extraction, and data management techniques to develop answers and perform calculations as required
• Provide internal support to the Global Administration team including research and resolution of tickets on the Jira ticket management system
• Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements
• Overtime as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Must be a collaborative team member able to work with leadership and colleagues within both Data Services and Global Administration
• Communicates clearly and effectively; comfortable with communication platforms such as Zoom and Slack
• Ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable working with numerical data, strong attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills
• Ability to stay organized while multitasking and adjusting to changing priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Minimum of 1-2 years relatable work experience; music publishing experience is helpful but not required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish