General Studio Assistant
Universal Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is seeking a General Studio Assistant to support the Studio Operation in Nashville. Qualified candidates will work directly with the Studio Manager to guarantee a trouble-free working environment for artists and clients – including oversight of studio set-ups prior to sessions, placing and picking up session food and drink orders and running errands as needed, as well as keeping all studios, kitchen and lounge areas clean and organized, and office and studio areas fully stocked, neat and orderly. This is a nights/weekends shift assignment, but may vary depending on workload (approx. 20-40hrs per week). Studio GA will also participate in assisting engineers during recording sessions where appropriate and necessary. Studio GA will communicate any session issues to the technical staff in a timely manner to minimize down time.
• Coordinating with studio manager to cover all daily session needs
• Assist all guests and clients of the studios as needed
• Ability to manage requests from multiple clients across multiple studios throughout the facility
• Responsible for tracking and restocking the inventory of studio supplies
• Responsible for arriving prior to scheduled session starts to insure cleanliness and organization of control rooms and other creative studio spaces, break rooms, closets and bathrooms
• Working knowledge of recording studios and signal flow to assist with sessions where needed
• Ability to communicate effectively, be proactive and show initiative
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude
• Basic understanding of recording, mic setup, and signal flow desirable
• Knowledge of Mac OS X, including admin and diagnostic utilities, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Ability to effectively communicate with studio and technical management
• Ability to work independently
• Prior recording studio experience required
• Degree preferred (Music Production or Audio Post Production focus) or equivalent experience in a Production/Studio environment
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.