Front End Developer / Designer
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
UMG is looking for a web designer to assist the marketing departments in the creation of designs for our clients. The candidate must be an expert in web design with proficient knowledge in HTML/CSS. The candidate must also thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented working environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversee and manage design projects
• Design, develop, maintain and update site content, graphics and appearance
• Manage multiple stakeholders and performance goals while problem-solving and troubleshooting
• Manage expectations of clients and partner with labels towards same end goals
Bring your VIBE:
• 2 years of professional experience designing for the web
• Proficiency in Adobe XD/Photoshop and/or Sketch
• Experience with creating sketches/wireframes, high-fidelity/in-browser mock-ups and everything in-between
• Strong understanding of HTML5, ES6, jQuery, CSS3/SCSS, CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap) and version control (Git)
• Understands and applies principles of page optimization
• Experience with cross-device/responsive design techniques
• Familiarity with web trends and best practices for UX/UI design
• Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, as well as able to manage simultaneous projects
• Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with all departments.
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative design solutions
• An online portfolio of work samples
• Knowledge of modern front-end tools (Webpack/Gulp/etc.)
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (particularly Drupal)
• General knowledge of PHP/Twig templating
What’s in it For You?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.