Financial Reporting Manager
Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Financial Reporting Manager
Responsible to: Group FD, UMUK
Department: Central Operations, UMUK
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the financial reporting of the Consolidated UK Music Company, including managing the timely and accurate preparation of the UK statutory accounts under FRS102 and quarterly group reporting under IFRS. Also, ensuring that the business maintains a strong internal control framework and meets all requirements of internal and external audit.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Ensuring all legal and statutory requirements are fully complied with including preparation and filing of the Group's statutory accounts, and National Statistics
• Responsibility for coordinating the interim and annual statutory audits between the auditors and internal staff
• Driving forward efficiency and improvements to processes for the group audit
• Local tax management and working closely with Group Tax team
• Adherence to Group's Corporate Governance and Internal Control requirements
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and regulations to ensure they are applied correctly and consistently
• Promote a strong control environment by developing and improving existing financial controls
• Driving best practice and embedding a culture of Compliance
• Build framework for development, implementation and continuous improvement of financial processes and working practices
• Ad hoc projects including acquisitions and disposals
Professionally Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong technical background including exposure to Statutory Reporting, Auditing Techniques, SOX, Internal Controls and Tax.
Strong people skills with ability to work in a dynamic and commercial business, with the ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with key stakeholders including, Record Labels, Finance, IT, Commercial, Royalties, Legal and Tax departments.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Broad knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems such as SAP, K-Trinity and HFM (Smart View).
• Extremely credible with exceptional commercial awareness.
• Motivator who can influence at all levels.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work at a detailed level and maintain a 'big picture' process perspective.
• Ability to communicate and work at all levels i.e. staff to senior management.
• Self-starter, team builder, results-oriented, ''can-do'' attitude, flexible nature.Ability to manage priorities and change in a fast pace environment.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.