Universal Music GroupBrentwood, TN
Full Time Job
The Capitol CMG finance team is looking to fill a financial analyst role to support the financial accounting and reporting functions of the global leader in Christian Music and Publishing. This exciting role provides opportunities to contribute within the financial accounting function of a very dynamic finance team. The financial analyst will be joining a team with strong experience during a time of growth in the music industry.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for core accounting and financial reporting functions within the areas of the financial close process, financial consolidations, budgets and reporting support for the group. Responsibilities include: preparation of financial statements, ancillary schedules, journal entries, account reconciliations and preparation of narratives, therefore the candidate will require proven financial and technical accounting hand-on experience, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and strong communication/collaboration skills.
• Key contributor of the financial close process (month/quarter/year).
• Play a critical role in the planning and forecasting cycles.
• Preparation of financial close review book and supporting schedules, ensuring that data is accurate and in accordance with company accounting policies.
• Preparation of plan deck, ensuring that data is accurate and aligns with group plan assumptions.
• Main liaison between regional/global accounting offices and local team for all internal reporting matters.
• Ownership of the maintenance of various financial reporting/forecasting systems ensuring alignment with company accounting policies.
• Reviews financial results and prepares written analysis and commentaries for management within the local/regional/global reporting deadlines.
• Prepares and distributes various reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Maintain appropriate supporting documents to ensure compliance with internal controls and SOX documentation requirements.
• Assimilate, organize and interpret large amounts of data; proactively translate trends into action points.
• Enhance the documentation of key internal controls, various processes and procedures.
• Identify best practices and cross pollinate ideas for process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to meet demands of a fast paced and dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong financial systems skills and proficient with Microsoft Office (advancedMS Excel and MS Access).
• Internal Controls/SOX compliance testing and reporting.
• Proven high level of organization and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and flexible personality and ability to work independently.
• Intellectual curiosity and solid business acumen and driven by accuracy of results.
Education & Experience:
• 5 years of proven and relevant accounting experience, preferably with an entertainment company.
• Experience in a large corporate setting actively participating in all aspects of the financial close and corporate consolidation processes.
• Exposure to an environment where internal controls are a high priority.
• Heavy exposure to technical accounting.
• Proven financial system experience (preferably in Lawson, SAP and HFM).
• Public accounting experience a big plus.
• Ideal for a public accounting Senior looking to transition into private industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA certification required.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.