Universal Music GroupKings Cross, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2022 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Finance Assistant jobs in Kings Cross-UK
Search all Finance Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Job title: Finance Assistant (Virgin International/Spinefarm Records/Fiction Records)
Responsible to: Senior Management Accountant
Department: Virgin Music International
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Working across Virgin Music International, Spinefarm records and Fiction records, your main purpose in this role is to provide financial and administrative support to the Senior Management Accountant and Finance Director, whilst also providing business support to the labels. The role will be varied and interesting interacting with teams across the world!
The B Side: Skills & Experience
• Authorisation and approval of budgets, purchase orders and expenses in the UMG purchasing system.
• Controlling AP / Invoice payment process.
• Handle and arrange urgent payment requests.
• Raising third parties & intercompany invoices.
• To upkeep and maintain the general ledger.
• Monitor costs vs budget on artist projects
• Assisting with the monthly management reporting packs
• Preparation and posting of month end journals
• Month end reconciliations.
• Preparing the monthly forecasting sheets
• Ad hoc analyses and reports as directed by the Senior Management Accountant / Finance Director.
• Setting up artist projects on multiple systems
• Providing financial coding to the central finance team
• Updating marketing sheets, by artist projects
• To liaise with the international marketing team on setting up and tracking global marketing campaign spends.
• Liaise with international finance teams on marketing budgets
• Work with royalty manager of tracking marketing provisions on artist/label accounts
• To give general admin and finance support to the rest of the Virgin, Spinefarm and Fiction teams
• Would suit someone studying for an Accountancy qualification
• Enthusiastic with a desire to work in the music industry
• Strong PC skills – Excel experience essential, with experience of pivot tables, complex formulas
• Numerate – used to working with financial data
• Experience of balance sheet reconciliation would be ideal
• Team player, good at building professional relationships and adapting a personal approach to deal with different personalities and varying levels of knowledge and skills across the organisation
• Good communicator across all levels of the business
• Able to manage and prioritise own workload in an often-pressurised environment
• Positive, problem solver, and an autonomous worker
• Customer service orientated
• Experience of working in Record Company an advantage
• Ideally experienced in working with the following systems; Microsoft Office systems, Hyperion Oracle, SAP, SR1
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.