Universal Music GroupSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Finance Assistant (Junior)
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Are you looking for a Finance/Accounting opportunity in an industry you are passionate about? Perhaps you’re a fresh graduate ready to kick-start your career?
If learning the world of Music Royalties within our Accounting team, sounds exciting to you, please keep reading.
About the role:
Provide support to the Finance team in administering royalties accounts within our general ledger, including facilitation of payments, journal processing, reconciliations, and financial analysis.
• Support accounts payable processes including payments to our artists and labels, coding of invoice and receipts, processing journals and maintaining general ledger.
• Assist with royalty accounting and reporting processes, such as preparation and reconciliation of artist royalty statements, system/database administration and financial analysis as required.
• Source, enter and maintain product metadata within Salesforce and other relevant systems.
• Collaborate on team projects to enhance systems, functions and productivity.
• Work with artists and artist management on any and all royalty related questions.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Recent graduate of Finance/Accounting (or other relevant qualification) plus basic experience in administration, processing or finance-related role.
• You’re a ‘Numbers Person’ and keen to work in a Business/Finance/Accounting position.
• You may not have any Royalties experience, but have the aptitude to learn new things and ask the right questions.
• Impeccable eye for detail, excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and enjoys learning new systems.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with a variety of co-workers
• Need to be Australia Permanent Resident / Citizen
If the above sounds like you, please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.