Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD
We are currently seeking an accomplished Executive Administrative professional with solid experience supporting senior executives. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and being comfortable with regularly exercising discretion and independent judgment on important matters. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is essential. This role will represent the executive in a positive and professional manner, partner with the executive to help ensure the effectiveness of the function, and handle responsibilities that are delegated by the executive. The ideal candidate will take initiative, identify solutions, be ten steps ahead of what needs to be done, and take action.
How you'll CREATE
• Regularly and directly support Executive with carrying out their duties, including, but not limited to, preparing corporate documents and presentations, reviewing and analyzing information and documents relating to business operations, managing critical projects, coordinating business projects, interviews, etc.
• Regularly and directly support Executive with their correspondence. This may include managing the Executive's email.
• Manage Executive's schedule, which includes, but is not limited to, planning and coordinating internal/external meetings, conferences, business and personal travel (domestic and international), etc. Anticipate critical events and Executive's needs.
• Serve as gatekeeper for the Executive by screening, prioritizing, and escalating requests and inquiries.
• On behalf of Executive, regularly and directly interact with clients, potential clients, artists, and other high-level/VIP persons, and establish and maintain relationships (internal and external).
• Manage Executive's meetings and presentations, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting organization, document preparation, and occasional coverage and taking minutes/notes.
• Support Executive with civic and industry commitments. This may include attendance at industry events.
• Manage additional assistants, where applicable.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in performing the above.
• Additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE
• Minimum 5 years of executive assistance experience supporting a CEO, EVP, President or other high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality
• Must have experience in, and be comfortable with, regularly exercising discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance
• Develop and demonstrate professional knowledge of the business
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures and work under pressure
• Ability to anticipate needs, problem solve, identify solutions, consider options, and take action, with minimal direction or supervision
• Proven ability to work effectively with C-Level executives and senior-level clients
• Ability to manage highly confidential information and to act calmly and professionally
• Extreme discretion with sensitive information
• Dynamic and assertive personality; professional demeanor
• Adaptable to a variety of situations with numerous personalities
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to create efficiency using technology and music-based systems
• Advanced knowledge of travel logistics- itineraries, international and domestic
• Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
• Music or entertainment experience preferred
• Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic environment
• Ability to travel as needed
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
$49,500.17 - $100,430
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.