Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Motown Records defines, leads, and drives global entertainment and culture every day. It is home to the most culturally impactful artists and partners in the world including Asiahn, City Girls, Erykah Badu, Kem, Lil Baby, Lil Yachty, Migos, Ne-Yo, The Hxliday, Tiana Major9 and Vince Staples along with Quality Control Music, Blacksmith Records and Since the 80’s.
Motown is a beacon of transformative, inter-generational success guided by forward-thinking leaders who have introduced the world to some of the most iconic songs and artists in history. From supporting the dreams of Black artists to inspiring and empowering entrepreneurs whose focus and dedication to great artists, great songs, artist development, hard-work, shattering barriers, and limitless dreams are always at the heart of all that they do – Motown will always be the place where Black dreamers are supported and protected, dreams are achieved, and the sound of youth culture is cultivated around the globe.
How you’ll LEAD:
The Executive Assistant to the Chairwoman & CEO of Motown will work in a fast-paced environment for a progressive, marketing-minded, creative executive. The ideal candidate will need to be detail-oriented and extremely organized while interacting with all levels of employees within the organization.
This role is incredibly busy, varied and will suit an individual who thrives in an environment where they are being challenged.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Act as an all-around gatekeeper and strategically manage Executive's time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
• Schedule internal, external meetings (both in-person and Virtual); book travel and accommodations (includes domestic travel, international travel, and multi-city trips)
• Act as fast and efficient conduit between Executive team, staff, artists, and contacts.
• Process travel and entertainment expenses
• Manage schedule (sending reminders and Teams/ Zoom links, locations, and/or dial-ins for upcoming meetings, working with time zones when the executive is traveling, or meeting with others in different time zones)
• Proactively prepare executive for meeting; And keep track of executive during day to ensure schedule is kept or adjusted in real time.
• When requested, join executive in meetings - taking notes, sharing ''next steps'' documents, and following up with responsible parties to ensure tasks are completed as agreed upon
• Maintaining Executive's call list and keeping track of various ''To-Dos''; keep executive on track with daily schedule
• Send executive a summary at end of the day for the next day's schedule snapshot
• Maintain strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
• Partner closely with other executive assistants on organizing Executive team
• Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
• Plans and coordinates event logistics (i.e. development retreat, division events) including creating grids of information, RSVP lists, and booking hotels, cars and other activities as required.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5 years of substantial experience supporting either an executive, or c-suite executive.
• Proven record of thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Ability to anticipate needs, problem solve, and identify solutions
• Highly organized and understand juggling priorities, timely with follow up; with flexibility outside of ''regular'' business hours
• Exceptional communicator and enthusiastic collaborator (this role will act as an -intermediary between Executive and staff, artists, and other high-profile figures)
• Able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
• Upbeat, ''can-do'' attitude, and have passion for the music industry
• Excel in a hyper creative space (inclusive of but not limited to A&R, Marketing, Digital, Streaming, operations, and Music Industry at large)
• Proactive in keeping the executive organized and abreast of urgent issues.
• Tech forward; ability to create efficiency using technology and music-based systems
• Knowledge of MAC computer software; various music industry applications
• Strong proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office Products
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.