Dsp Content Coordinator
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How you’ll LEAD:
The DSP Content Coordinator (the “DCC”) ensures that UPPM’s music assets are properly formatted and loaded into various media distribution platforms for monetization on Digital Service Providers (DSPs), including but not limited to Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer and YouTube. The DCC is responsible for ensuring that every UPPM asset can be monetized via any streaming platform and will be tasked with supporting and developing initiatives aimed at growing UPPM’s global presence on the DSPs.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Support ingesting all catalog albums for UPPM entities to content aggregation partners for monetization on various streaming platforms.
• Liaise with distribution channels on data quality control and alteration of released album content.
• Coordinate with production/marketing teams on prioritization of album uploads, which may include:
• Marketing content creation for DSPs and websites
• Organizing schedules, workflow, handling, and submission of assets for ingestion on DSPs.
• Creation of dynamic and fixed playlists for UPPM labels.
• Tracking overall catalog usage trends to guide playlist creation.
• Creating original art for the playlists.
• Coordinating with global teams for prioritizing any specific playlists
• Preparing communication highlights and trends to present at biweekly DSP/Label meetings.
• Maintenance of various shared project management and communications tools.
• Quarterly reporting of “Ingested Content” statistics.
• Liaise with UPPM global territories in need of “best practice” workflows.
• Perform other ad hoc projects and duties as directed by Sr. Management pertaining to the DSPs.
• YouTube Studio
• Setup and Record YouTube Live Stream
• Keyword, video, and channel tagging using industry specific terms
Bring your VIBE:
• Computer skills, including but not limited to an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as experience with any CRM Sales platform (e.g., MS Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.). Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and an understanding of various image formats.
• Must have knowledge of Audio File formats and standards.
• Must be able to identify basic musical genres.
• Attention to detail: strong organizational and time management skills and an ability to work amid distractions and interruptions. Ability to work with very little supervision.
• Highly developed problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Minimum 3 years in an administrative capacity.
• Music/Entertainment experience a plus.
• University/College Diploma or equivalent.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.